I was working with a team the other day and the conversation turned to technology mess-ups in meetings and how disruptive this is.
- OK, I said what do you need to check? Here is what we came up with:
- Wi-Fi – will there be a connection in the room?
- Cables – do you have all your leads?
- Dongles for your mobile Wi-Fi
- Beamer Projector – will they have one?
- Thumb Drive with spare copy of my presentation
- Take a Backup PC – if the meeting is that important
- Battery Charger and is your battery charged!
- Giveaways for the delegates? Sweeteners and leave-behinds
- Clean Desktop – move all the icons off the desktop into one folder
- Skype and other alerts on your PC turned off.
- Browser Bar clean and tidy if you are doing a demo
- Clickers and mice to hand and with fresh batteries
- Software malware checked – if needs by
- Water – (for your body technology)
Anything to add? Contributors will receive a free copy of 22 Questions: How to win more business